In most cases only one session is required
What are the benefits of Clinical Hypnotherapy?
The hypnotic state allows a person to be more open, and with the assistance of a skilled hypnotherapist it is possible to use this state in hypnotherapy to make deep and lasting changes to thoughts, feelings and behaviour through suggestion. Anne uses Suggestion Therapy & Guided Image Therapy in her pactice. Clinical Hypnotherapy uses guided relaxation, intense concentration, and focused attention to achieve a heightened state of awareness that is sometimes called a trance. The person’s attention is so focused while in this state that anything going on around the person is temporarily blocked out or ignored. In this naturally occurring state, a person may focus his or her attention—with the help of a trained therapist—on specific thoughts or tasks.
Clinical Hypnotherapy can improve the success of treatments for many conditions, :
- Stop Smoking
- Phobias, fears, and anxiety
- Sleep disorders
- Post-trauma anxiety
- Grief and loss
- Pain limitation *
- Gain confidence
- Public speaking
- Weight management
It also can be used to help with *pain control and to overcome habits, such as nail biting or overeating, to name just a few issues Clinical Hypnosis can help you with.
You are welcome to phone Anne to inquire about your particular problem PH 06 3777122.
- Guided image Therapy is a form of self-hypnosis that has been associated with positive stimulation of the immune system. Positive suggestions are used to help release negative self-image and to assist in creating and achieving goals and as a natural way to relieve physical, mental and emotional stress. This method can be used to treat stress-related illnesses such as *high blood pressure and insomnia as well as phobias, fears and anxiety.
- Suggestion therapy. The hypnotic state makes the person better able to respond to suggestions. Clinical Hypnotherapy can help some people change certain behaviours, such as to stop smoking or stop nail-biting. It can also help people change perceptions and sensations, and is particularly useful in treating pain.
- Can Clinical Hypnotherapy be used for everyone? Clinical Hypnotherapy might not be appropriate for a person who has psychotic symptoms, such as hallucinations and delusions, someone who has violence issues or a person using drugs or alcohol. It should be used for *pain control only after a doctor has evaluated the person for any physical disorder that might require medical or surgical treatment.
- Is Clinical Hypnotherapy dangerous? Clinical Hypnotherapy is not a dangerous procedure. It is not mind control or brainwashing. A therapist cannot make a person do something embarrassing or something the person doesn’t want to do. It is not "stage" Hypnotherapy as seen on TV.
- Who performs Clinical Hypnotherapy? Clinical Hypnotherapy is performed by a Certified Professional Hypnotherapist who is specially trained in this technique.
*Before making an appointment for Hypnosis please consult with your Doctor if pregnant or discontinuing any prescription treatment.
*Please note that those seeking treatment who are in a violent relationship, dangerous situation, suffering depression or have suicidal thoughts should contact the relevant authorities that are more qualified to help them...for example Police, Doctor or Mental Health.
Wairarapa Mental Health ph 9469805. After hours ph 9469800.
Stopping violence services ph 3770933.
Rape crisis advice services ph 0800614614